Practitioners of herbal medicine do not intend to undermine or replace traditional Western health care, but rather choose to work as part of your healing team, of which you are the captain. We are happy to work with you, your doctor, therapist, dentist and other practitioners to help you achieve your health goals.
Wendy Snow Fogg, founder of Misty Meadows and Senior Herbalist with nearly 30 years' experience. She created and directs the herbal studies programs at Misty Meadows, does public speaking and guest teaches at numerous herbal venues. She is a member of The American Herbalist Guild, Northeast Herb Association, United Plant Savers and The American Botanical Council. She is also an ordained minister of the Universal Life Church.
Wendy created the first multi-level herbal protocol for the treatment of Lyme Disease in all its stages. She enjoys her busy family practice, and is especially grateful to work with women and men in all stages of their journey, from puberty to the final transition. Wendy's keen listening skills, clarity and intuitive abilities play a major role in helping clients work through the discovery process that is an integral part of everyone's healing.
Wendy's scope of practice includes herbalism, Reiki (Usui, Shamballa, Karuna), aromatherapy, flower essences, reflexology, muscle testing, facial, tongue and pulse diagnosis, Craniosacral Therapy and spiritual counseling.
Wendy Snow Fogg
- Wednesday & Friday
- 10:30, 12:30, 2:30
- In Office and via Skype
Is available for Reiki sessions
- Thursdays , Saturdays
- 10:30, 12:30, 2:30
- In Office
THINGS TO KNOW:
When you come in for an herbal consultation:
- Your initial visit will take between 1-2 hours
- Do not wear any face makeup or nail polish
- Bring with you all bottles and packages of medications, supplements and over the counter drugs you take
- Note: A written list is NOT acceptable.
- Bring a list of any allergies you have
- Bring a list of any surgeries you've had, including dates
- Bring a list of the names, addresses and phone numbers of any doctor, nurse practitioner, herbalist, acupuncturist, chiropractor, osteopath, massage therapist, psychotherapist, psychiatrist or other health care practitioner you've seen in the last two years.
- You are welcome to bring an advocate with you; it's often very useful to have someone who knows you well help with answering questions and with going over points of our visit with you when you get home.
- The philosophy of herbal medicine is to discover and heal the cause(s) of imbalance/illness in the body, thereby eliminating the need for the body to produce a symptom, or messenger. Of course an acute situation must often be treated in order to relieve pain and suffering; then the true healing is approached from a deeper level. For example, if your child is suffering with recurring ear infections, the pain will be addressed immediately, then the cause of the infections needs to be addressed to prevent recurrences. Repeated rounds of antibiotics are seldom a permanent solution. A qualified herbalist can help you discover the cause(s) and guide you in making educated decisions about how to achieve and maintain healthy ears for your child. The same goes for many other ailments including colds, flu, high blood pressure, digestive issues, urinary tract problems, prostate health, hormone imbalances of menopause and PMS, chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, fibrocystic breast condition, uterine fibroids..... the list is endless. So what are you waiting for?
Reiki Healing Sessions:
- Reiki healing sessions are available with Wendy or Brian and are available with or without an herbal consultation. Sessions are one hour. Reiki is a relaxing hands-on healing art that allows the practitioner to channel Universal Life Force energy for the client, balancing major energy centers (Chakras) throughout the body, making it easier for the body to heal itself. Along with being extremely relaxing, Reiki is helpful in addressing emotional and spiritual imbalances causing problems in daily life. The client remains fully clothed except for shoes. The session is completely private, and time is allowed before and after the session for conversation to first identify your goal for the session and afterward to talk about the session. We will share with you my observations which most often include any physical imbalance I've perceived and any metaphysical action taken on your behalf. On occasion a client's angels, spirit guides and other spirit helpers will come into the session and give information which I will pass on to you.
Ear Candling Treatments:
- Ear Candling services are offered only by Wendy. Ear candling or coning can be useful if you've suffered a sinus infection or chronic sinusitis, excessive ear wax, hearing loss, headaches, allergies. It has proven very useful for people whose jobs expose them to excessive dust, dirt, wind or loud noise. Ear candling is not appropriate if you've had a ruptured ear drum. You will be asked to verify in writing that your ear drums are intact and that to the best of your knowledge you have never had a ruptured ear drum.
SCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT
By Appointment Only
603-659-7211 - Please expect to wait 1-3 weeks for an appointment. If you have an acute situation that might be easily dealt with in a few minutes, you're welcome to stop by the shop. However, please note that the herbalist on duty cannot give you more than just a few minutes. If you have an emergency situation, please go to your local emergency room or urgent care facility.
Fee Schedule (Effective March 1, 2016):
- Initial Herbal Consultation: $175 Follow-up Visits: $80 per hour
- Reiki: $80. One hour session.
- Ear Candling: $80
A sliding scale is available for those who cannot afford to pay full price. Please ask for those rates.
- Fees do not include cost of medicines
- When scheduling your appointment, you will be asked to provide a credit card number to guarantee your appointment.
- The card will be charged if you fail to report for your appointment without a 24 hour notice:
- 24 Hour Notice - no charge
- Less than 24 hour notice - 50% charge
- No Notice - 100% charge ($175 for initial visits; $80/hr for follow-ups, Reiki, Ear Candling)
- These charges cannot be applied to future visits
- Clients are seen punctually at their appointed time.
- If you are late for your appointment, your appointment will end at the scheduled time and you will be charged for the full appointment.